The holidays are fast approaching and there are so many great things to look forward to! Now that the countdown has officially begun, you’ll likely be running around getting things done before the big day or doing some last minute gift shopping for your family and friends. During all the hustle and bustle, it can be easy to forget one of the most important gifts you can ever give yourself - the gift of good health!
To keep you healthy this month, we’ve put together some simple tips to help you enjoy the most wonderful time of the year.
Need a boost?
‘Tis the season to relax and enjoy the celebrations, but have you crossed everything off your checklist, twice? It’s easy to over work yourself from trying to get everything done, but that “burnt out” feeling is anything but festive. Keep in mind: the holidays only come around once a year! So enjoy them to the fullest and give yourself a boost with these energy-saving tips:
- Try substituting foods with refined sugar with healthier alternatives like coconut sugar, maple syrup or honey. Sugar can cause spikes in energy levels which are momentarily enjoyable until your blood sugar levels drop and cause a “sugar crash.”
- Stay on track with your regular eating and exercise schedule. Hitting the gym for a quick 30-45 minute session or taking the dog out for a brisk walk is great for keeping fit and healthy, but it also can help keep your energy levels up!
- If you’re feeling more tired than usual, your vitamin B12 levels might be low. In that case, with a convenient supplement like Jamieson Vitamin B12 Energy Spray, you can get a delicious natural boost of energy.
Getting the right amount of nutrients daily is crucial for your overall health. However, eating three well-balanced meals daily is likely not at the top of your list during the busiest season. A daily multivitamin, like Jamieson 100% Complete Multivitamin for Adults can help fill the gaps when your diet falls short. So, even if you find yourself eating a couple of meals a week in your car or the mall food court, all is not lost. And because we’re right in the middle of cold and flu season, a multi contains immuneboosting vitamins C & D which can help prevent you from getting sick!
It wouldn’t be the holidays without stress, would it? Normally around this time of year a little bit of stress is expected, but if you’re not careful, excessive stress can wreak havoc on your body’s ability to stay healthy. Also, it puts a serious damper on your mood! While you can’t always prevent stress (unless, uninviting the in-laws is an option?), there are ways to manage it to keep your spirits high:
- Plan ahead of time and set a few hours aside each day to help check things off your do to
- Set aside some time for yourself to do your favourite winter activities, like ice skating, watching your favourite holiday movie or taking the kids out tobogganing. This will help you unwind and take your mind off any stress.
- Stress can affect the body’s ability to absorb nutrients, particularly B vitamins. So if you find that you need some support, Jamieson B Complex 100 mg is a timed-release formula that provides the essential B vitamins to help ease symptoms of stress, such as anxiety and irritability.
You’ve worked hard all year long to maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet, so don’t feel bad for treating yourself! Just remember to eat in moderation and try to portion your meals out as much as possible. Eating big meals that are generally higher in fat and sugar content can make it harder for your stomach to break them down, which could lead to digestive upset and abdominal discomfort. To help avoid that over-stuffed feeling, try these tips:
- Drink 8 oz of water right before you dig in. It can prevent you from consuming more calories out of thirst and help transport necessary nutrients that aid in digestion.
- Slow down! Eating slower can lead to better digestion and make you feel more satisfied with your meal.
- Digestive issues can put a damper on your holiday celebrations, so why not do your best to prevent them? Jamieson Digestive Care™ Daily Probiotic is formulated using clinically studied Probi Digestis® to help to relieve digestion issues such as gas and bloating.
Do you have some healthy tips you’d like to share with us? Comment below!