Jamieson Laboratories Ltd. “3 Weeks of Wellness” Contest 2020
Official Contest Rules and Regulations (“Contest Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER
Void Where Prohibited By Law
- SPONSOR AND OVERVIEW: The Jamieson Laboratories Ltd. “3 Weeks of Wellness” Contest 2020 (the “Contest”) is held in Canada, excluding Quebec, and starts on January 13, 2020 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“Contest Starting Date”) and closes on February 2, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (“Contest Closing Date”) (collectively the “Contest Period”). Participants may begin registration on January 9, 2020 Eastern Time and must complete registration by January 18, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (“Registration Deadline”). This Contest is sponsored by JAMIESON LABORATORIES LTD. (“Jamieson” or “Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to all natural persons who meet the below requirements and enter in accordance with Paragraph 3 of these Contest Rules (“Entrant(s)”). To enter and be eligible to win a Grand Prize, an Entrant:
- Must be a legal resident of Canada, excluding Quebec, including at the time of award and use of the prize;
- Must have reached the age of majority in his/her province of residence at the time of entry;
- Must not be i) an employee of Sponsor or its subsidiaries, distributors, parent or affiliated companies, and their respective advertising or promotional agencies, or the independent contest judging organization or the prize suppliers, or ii) a member of the immediate family of any of the above persons (“immediate family” means spouses, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters, step-sons and step-daughters), or iii) a person domiciled with any of the above persons; and
- Must provide Sponsor with proof of residence, identification and age upon request.
By registering and entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter and participate in the Contest, follow these steps:
- Registration: Visit jamiesonvitamins.com/3weeksofwellness (“Website”), click on the “Enter” link, and complete and submit the online registration, including your full legal name, email address, and mailing address. Please also confirm that you have read and agree to be bound by the Contest Rules and indicate ‘yes’ or ‘no’ as to whether you wish to opt-in to receive additional information from Sponsor. Registration is required to receive 3 weekly Contest emails from Sponsor, each of which will describe a variety of tasks to be completed that week. Registration does not guarantee entry into the random draw; a minimum number of tasks must be completed in accordance with these Rules in order to receive entry into the draw (see below).
- Weekly Contest Emails and Tasks: Once registered, participants will receive a Contest email each week, sent by Sponsor on January 13, 20, and 27, 2020. Each Contest email will describe various tasks to be completed that week. To complete a task, each participant must: (1) engage in 1 activity as described in the Contest email; and (2) post a photograph of the participant engaging in that activity on Jamieson’s Instagram page with the accompanying hashtag #3weeksofwellness (“Task”).
Minimum Tasks for Entry: For entry into the random draw, a minimum of 3 Tasks must be completed each week (see below) for a total of 9 completed Tasks during the Contest Period (“Entry”). Limit of one (1) Entry per person. Any additional Tasks completed above this minimum will not result in additional entries into the draw or increased odds of winning a prize. The timeline for Task completion is as follows:
- Week 1: Between January 13 and January 19, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time, complete a minimum of 3 Tasks.
- Week 2: Between January 20 and January 26, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time, complete a minimum of 3 Tasks.
- Week 3: Between January 27 and February 2, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time, complete a minimum of 3 Tasks.
- Photograph Requirements: Photographs posted on Jamieson’s Instagram page must not contain any image or depiction of the following: (i) materials which include or constitute trademarks, trade names or copyrighted works created or owned by any person or entity other than Entrant or for which the Entrant has obtained owner’s written permission to use, subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion; (ii) materials bearing profanities, or bearing the name or likeness of any celebrity, living or dead; (iii) materials which contain visible identifiable or potentially identifiable personal information, including but not limited to, phone numbers, website links, street addresses, e-mail addresses or license plate numbers; (iv) inappropriate behavior for a general audience; (v) any depiction of real or simulated sexual acts; (vi) violence in any form; (vii) materials which violate anyone’s reasonable privacy expectations, violate any known agreement, or which are defamatory in nature; (viii) materials which are derogatory to Sponsor, or any affiliated entity or person; (ix) materials which are discriminatory based on race, religion, national origin, physical disability, age, sex, or sexual orientation or preference; (x) materials in which any person identifiably appears unless Entrant has obtained an appropriate written release from such person granting all rights required herein; and, (xi) materials which do not comply with all other requirements pursuant to these Contest Rules. Entries that do meet these requirements will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to reject or disqualify any Entry which Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines to be inconsistent with the letter or spirit of the Contest Rules or potentially damaging to its, the Contest’s, or another’s image or reputation.
- GRAND PRIZE: There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won, consisting of: (1) one Garmin® VivoActive 4s GPS Smartwatch (valued at Can$399.99); (2) one Lululemon® Gift Card valued at Can$100.00; (3) one 325 g container of Jamieson Essentials Plus Protein (valued at Can$23.99); and (4) one 530 g container of Progressive VegeGreens (valued at $59.99); total prize value of Can$583.97. Grand Prize is non-refundable, non-negotiable, non- transferable, cannot be redeemed for cash or equivalent dollar value. Grand Prize will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
- NO WARRANTY: The Sponsor has neither made, nor is in any manner responsible for, any warranty or guarantee relative to the prize, including, but not limited to, quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. The only warranty applicable to any prize is the manufacturer’s or prize supplier’s warranty.
- CONTEST DRAW(S): Winner of the Grand Prize shall be selected by a random draw on February 3, 2020, at or around 1:00 PM Eastern Time (“Draw Date”), at the offices of Sponsor located at 1 Adelaide Street East, Suite 2200, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5C 2V9, from the pool of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received by Sponsor and decrease as prizes are awarded.
- PRIZE AWARDING: Selected Entrant will be contacted after the Draw Date, between the dates of February 4 to 7, 2020 by telephone or e-mail. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected Entrant. If a voicemail or e-mail is left for a selected Entrant, he/she must reply to Sponsor by February 21, 2020 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time (“Claim Deadline”), in order to claim the Grand Prize. Entrant selected as prospective winner is required to first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, mechanical or otherwise, and to sign/submit a Declaration and Release as described in Paragraph 10 below, before being officially declared a Contest winner and being allowed to claim a prize. If selected Entrant fails to claim his/her Grand Prize by Claim Deadline, and/or submit required documentation described in Paragraph 10 below, an alternate winner will be selected by random draw. Grand Prize will only be awarded upon verification by Sponsor that winner has fulfilled all requirements pursuant to these Contest Rules. Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitutions, transfers, conversions or assignments of Grand Prize will be allowed. Sponsor reserves the right, however, in its sole discretion, to substitute Grand Prize with a similar prize of equal or greater dollar value for any reason whatsoever. In the event that a selected Entrant (i) cannot be contacted or be reached or does not reply within the claim deadline; or (ii) does not answer correctly the mathematical skill-testing question; or (iii) refuses the prize; or (iv) does not comply with the Official Rules; or (v) refuses to sign the Declaration and Liability Release Form; the prize will be forfeited and another random draw or draws will be conducted to select an alternate Entrant in the same manner. If an official winner dies before receiving, participating in, or using a prize, and proof of death is provided by the estate of deceased winner to Sponsor, then a payment equal to the dollar value of the prize shall be made to the estate of deceased winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Entrant.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify at any time, any Entrant, winner or other person from participating in the Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsor, for any reason, including, but not limited to, that it finds or believes to be violating these Contest Rules or tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest or the operation of the Website or any other Sponsor-hosted website, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- TAXES: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any federal, provincial/state and/or local government, on any Grand Prize won, is the sole responsibility of winner.
- RELEASES: Before being declared an official winner, selected Entrant will be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a Publicity/Liability Release, thereby confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded, and releasing Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization and all of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, owners, partners, employees, participating retailers, agents, servants, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any actions, causes of action, suits, debts, claims, demands and liability whatsoever in connection with this Contest, the prize, or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, or arising out of winner's participation in this Contest. Selected Entrant must complete and return Declaration and Release documents to Sponsor within ten (10) business days of being notified that he/she has been selected as a winner and the sending of the email containing said documents to be signed. If the requisite documents are not duly signed and returned within this 10-business-day period, then the prize will be forfeited and said Entrant will have no recourse towards the Sponsor or other Releasees. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select another Entrant among from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, at Sponsor’s discretion. Once all documents have been verified by Sponsor, selected Entrant will be officially declared a Contest winner and will receive a prize.
- PUBLICITY, USE OF REGISTRATION INFORMATION: By entering the Contest, each Entrant consents to the use of his or her personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest and awarding the prizes. By accepting a prize, winner consents to the use and publication of his/her name, address (city and province), voice, statement and photograph or other likeness, without further compensation, in any promotion, publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, in any manner whatsoever including but not limited to print, broadcast or on the Internet.
- DISCLAIMERS AS TO ENTRIES: Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered, or tampered with in any way. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releasees are not responsible for any such Entries or for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, damaged, destroyed or non-delivered submissions and/or Entries or other errors of any kind in connection with this Contest, such as but not limited to any human error or technical or technological error or issue that might prevent the Sponsor from generating or awarding the Entries. The Releasees will not be liable for any prejudice, damages or inconvenience suffered by anyone, namely the Entrants and winners, in connection with their entry in, their exclusion or disqualification from the Contest or in connection with the award or use of the Prizes. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. In the event of a dispute regarding eligibility, the submission of an entry, exclusion or disqualification, all decisions of the Sponsor shall be final.
- FURTHER DISCLAIMERS: Without limiting the scope of any other provision of these Contest Rules, namely that of the release provided in Paragraph 10 (Release) above, and for greater certainty, Releasees will not be held liable for: a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries; b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or the Contest equipment; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, including interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entries or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; d) any failure of any e-mail to be received by or from Sponsor for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; or e) damage to an Entrant’s or other person’s system or device occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Contest.
- SECURITY: In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised in any way, by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which in Sponsor’s opinion, prevents the Contest from running as planned; or should any error or other event result in more than the stated number of Prizes of any category being claimed; then Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, subject to applicable law to amend, cancel, suspend or terminate the Contest at any time. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select winner(s) and award any remaining prizes, from all eligible entries were received during the Contest Period up to the point of early termination, the award of which shall be in accordance with these Contest Rules, but subject to the necessary adaptations due to the circumstances. In no event will more prizes be awarded than as provided in these Contest Rules.
- CAUTION: Any attempt by an Entrant or anyone to damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor may refer anyone suspected of doing so to the competent law enforcement authorities and reserves the right to claim damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- CONTEST GENERAL RULES: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and/or regulations and every action taken by an Entrant in conjunction with the Contest must comply with these laws and regulations. This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.