Looking for an easy snack that packs in flavour and nutrition? @Basicswithbails has you covered with these seemingly indulgent (but actually good for you) granola bars. Here’s how your body is benefiting:
Though this recipe uses it for structural support, we’d like to take this opportunity to highlight flax for the nutritional superstar that it is. Known for its digestive impact, flax seed is an incredible source of protein, lignans (phytoestrogens which might have estrogenic qualities for women), fibre and essential fatty acids.
Though often cast as a post-workout “pick-me-up”, protein is good for more than just building muscle mass. This powerhouse can be credited for stabilizing blood sugar, improving mood and energy, supporting weight and fat loss, contributing to cognitive benefits, managing bone and cardiovascular health, AND slowing the aging process. PLUS! Our unique formula features all four recommended Jamieson Essentials™: 100% Multivitamin, 600 IU vitamin D3, 1 billion CFUs probiotic and 350 mg omega-3 from flax, plus 20 g of protein per serving.
All right, let’s get into it:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cool Time: 3-6 hours
- 2 flax eggs (mix 2 tbsp ground flax with 6 tbsp of water; let sit for 10 minutes)
- 1/2 cup melted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 scoop Jamieson Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- A handful of Vegan chocolate chips
- Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Pour into the bread loaf pan and press down until tightly packed.
- Refrigerate for 3-6 hours. Slice into 7-8 bars and devour!