This bedtime tonic is the perfect solution for sleepless nights. Most mocktails are filled with added sugars from the simple syrup, but we’ve made ours healthier and perfect for your bedtime routine. Here’s why:
- It contains fresh fruit:
Instead of fruit syrups, we’ve used fresh or frozen cherries. Cherries are packed with nutrients like fibre, vitamin C, and potassium. Cherries also have high levels of phytochemicals including melatonin, making it an essential fruit for regulating the precious sleep-wake cycle.
- It contains healthier sugars:
Maple syrup has a lower glycemic index, making it a better alternative to white sugar, as it doesn’t spike blood sugar as much.
- It has a natural flavour:
Thanks to the soothing mint and lime juice, you don’t have to rely on any artificial flavours or sweeteners.
Here’s what you need to make this refreshing drink:
- 4-6 frozen and thawed or fresh cherries, pitted
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2-4 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup carbonated water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Add the cherries, lime, and mint leaves to a glass. Use a spoon to mash the ingredients, and then pour the water and maple syrup, if using, in.
- Mix and enjoy!