Chia seed pudding is one of our favourite ways to start the day. Not only is it nutritious and delicious, but so easy to make.
Chia seeds are so rich in fibre and omega-3 but are also an incredible source of high-quality protein. They are known to improve digestive health, temper blood pressure and are heart-healthy all around.
Turmeric is a silent star here. It’s known to help relieve joint pain by reducing the body's inflammatory response to stress and injury while also providing antioxidants for the maintenance of good health. I used the Jamieson formula, which is uniquely formulated to provide you with the highest potency of curcuminoids (and a pinch of black pepper for extra absorbency).
This recipe combines the above to get you a super simple breakfast you can make ahead and top with your choice of ingredients in the morning! Here is what you’ll need:
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 capsule Jamieson Turmeric Capsule, opened
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup non dairy milk (½ cup almond and ½ cup full fat coconut milk)
- Coconut yogurt
- Fresh fruit
- In a medium-size bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well with a whisk.
- Transfer the mixture to a mason jar and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
- Serve with coconut yogurt, fresh fruit, or toppings of your choice.