It’s official: baking season is upon us! And nothing says ‘holidays’ like the spicy smell of cinnamon and nutmeg in the air. Ring in the good cheer with this recipe for (healthier/chewier/super delicious) ginger molasses cookies!
Prep Time - 15 minutes
Cook Time - 10 minutes
Servings - 12 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter or vegan butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp molasses
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ground ginger, and cinnamon to a medium-sized bowl then whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add softened butter and brown sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer, or a large glass bowl if using a handheld mixer, then beat until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl then add egg, vanilla and molasses and beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients in two batches, mixing until just combined before adding the second batch. Then refrigerate dough until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, then add granulated sugar to a bowl. Scoop dough in 1-1/2 Tablespoon portions, roll into a ball, then roll in the sugar. Place dough balls onto prepared baking sheet 2" apart then bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown around the edges and crackly on top. DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Rap the cookie sheet on the counter then let cookies cool for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.