Prep Time - 40 minutes
Servings - 4
Looking to lighten up the carb-o-load? While time-honoured mashed potatoes can be hard to beat, the cauliflower version comes in as a close to 2nd alternative. Using better-for-you ingredients that don’t skimp on flavour, this recipe is a delicious take on a comfort food classic.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 head roasted garlic
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup vegan butter or regular butter
- Salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Slice the top of the garlic. Place in aluminum foil on a cookie sheet, and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Steam or boil cauliflower. You will need to squeeze out excess moisture with a thin dish towel afterwards to prevent cauliflower mash from getting soggy. Cook until extremely tender and fork slides through cauliflower easily.
- Prepare the almond milk, vegan butter, and salt and pepper in a food processor. Once garlic is roasted, add 2-3 cloves of garlic to food processor to start. Add more cloves if desired. I used 5 cloves total but I LOVE garlic.
- Let cauliflower cool completely, then straight using a nut milk bag or thin dish towel. Once all the moisture is expelled, then add to the food processor. Blend until smooth and silky.
- Top cauliflower with herbs and drizzle with olive oil to serve!