Harnessing the grounding power of ginger and using natural sweeteners like applesauce and pure maple syrup make this delicious loaf one for the books!
This is a recipe so easy that you can even get your littles involved! Make ahead and it will keep for a few days.
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (I use Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1)
- 1 tsp each, cinnamon and ginger
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350o F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper, with two sides sticking out for easy removal.
- In a small mixing bowl, add your flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir them together.
- In a large mixing bowl add your coconut oil, maple syrup, applesauce and molasses and whisk them together. Add your vanilla and eggs and whisk them in.
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir them together till you have one consistent bread batter. Pour your batter into your loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes, or till the top is springy to touch and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool, then enjoy!
Optional Coconut Yogurt Icing:
Blend 1 cup coconut yogurt, 2 tbsp coconut manna or coconut butter, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tsp vanilla.
Pour over your warm loaf, fresh out of the oven.