Looking to upgrade your lunchtime rotation? The search ends here with this delicious Honey Grapefruit Salad with Baked Salmon! Rich in omega-3 (thank the salmon), vitamin A (that’s the kale) and antioxidants (a combination of both), this recipe is as rich in nutrients as it is in flavour. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 salmon filets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Brown butter sauce:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic finely chopped cloves
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 cup of chopped kale
- ½ grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- ½ orange, peeled and sectioned
- Dressing of choice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Make the brown butter sauce by melting the butter over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly until the foam subsides. Add garlic, honey, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season salmon with salt and pepper and sear each side for 1-2 minutes.
- Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, place kale in a medium sized bowl and toss with citrus and dressing until evenly distributed.
- Serve with brown butter sauce and grapefruit salad.