Looking for a little extra something to optimize your skincare routine? Your search ends here with this incredibly refreshing elixir. When it comes to skincare, what happens on the inside (nutrition) counts just as much as what happens on the outside (topicals). That’s why it’s important to be mindful of the ingredients you put in, and on, your body. Our mandate? Brightening foods for the win.
What makes this brightening?
The grapefruit (since it’s high in vitamin C)!
Vitamin C ranks really high on the ‘radiant skin’ scale. Your skin utilizes vitamin C, a potent antioxidant, that fights back against free radicals (see: harmful damaging atoms that can cause illness and premature aging). Vitamin C is also a precursor to collagen production, which we know is pivotal to skin regeneration, elasticity and cell turnover.
Ready for the recipe? Behold, the fountain of youth!
- Thyme Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3-4 fresh thyme sprigs
Thyme Grapefruit Mocktail
- ⅓ cup thyme syrup
- ½ cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 cup club soda
For Thyme Simple Syrup
- In a small pot over high heat, combine the water and sugar. Boil until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add thyme sprigs.
- Cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
For Thyme Grapefruit Mocktail
- Combine thyme syrup, grapefruit juice and club soda in a small pitcher and serve over ice.
- Garnish glasses with fresh grapefruit slices and more thyme!