Ready for a new flavour of the week? Look no further than this creamy, tangy smoothie that could almost pass as ice cream. It’s easy to make and packed with all the important macronutrients.
Here’s why we love it:
- It’s got vitamin C, and loads of it: Thanks to the orange, it’s an excellent source of vitamin C, which is important for immune function, collagen formation and maintaining bones and teeth.
- It’s got fibre: Oranges and rolled oats are a great source of fibre, which is extremely important for gut health and cholesterol management. Beta-glucan, a soluble fibre, even helps with managing blood sugar levels and insulin.
- Added protein: this helps with muscle growth and repair while keeping you full, making this a well-rounded, macronutrient & nutrient-dense smoothie!
Orange you glad you found this? Now it’s time to make it! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 1 large orange, sliced
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 scoop Progressive Whey Protein – Vanilla (can sub with ½ cup of regular or non-dairy yogurt)
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut to top (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with coconut if using.