Blood Orange Fizz
Don’t be intimidated by this drink. It’s loaded with flavour and nutrients and it’s almost too pretty to drink; it’s easy on the eyes. What gives this drink its vibrant colour (and dangerously tangy name) is blood oranges! Blood oranges look like your average grapefruit, but it’s what’s inside that counts. This fruit’s namesake comes from the high amounts of anthocyanins that give the pulp a rich, deep red colour. Anthocyanins are a special group of compounds that not only provide pigment, but are great antioxidants. Antioxidants help reduce cellular damage that can occur due to oxidative stress. Just like its close relative, the “orange orange”, blood oranges are full of vitamin C which helps support immunity. Adding in some fresh lime juice, honey and no-secco boosts flavour and takes your drink to another level. Cheers!
This recipe serves 2.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 750 ml bottle of no-secco
- 1 blood orange slice for garnish
Here’s what to do:
- Add blood orange juice, lime juice, and honey to cocktail shaker, and shake for 15 seconds
- Pour mixture into two glasses filled with ice
- Top with no-secco and garnish with a blood orange slice.