Maca Egg Nog
The perfect drink to enjoy year-round! It’s delicious and nourishing.
Here’s why we love this warm drink:
- This maca nog is full of warming spices like allspice, cinnamon, and nutmeg, helping to really elevate the flavour. Spices are a great source of antioxidants which help keep oxidative stress at bay. Learn more about the health benefits of spices here!
- It’s got healthy sugars and fibre, thanks to the dates. Drinks are usually loaded with sugar-filled syrups, which can cause a blood sugar spike closely followed by the dreaded crash. Dates provide the best of both worlds since they contain natural sugars and fibre, which work together to keep your blood sugar levels balanced.
- We’ve got extra support thanks to maca powder. Maca has been used for thousands of years for its mood-boosting properties, enhancing vitality and getting that pep back in you step! Research shows that it can also help improve fertility in men, preserve cognitive function and even help with skin health.1
Enjoy this drink tonight!
This recipe serves 2.
Here’s what you need:
- 3 cups of milk of choice
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp of allspice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of red maca powder
- 1/3 cup of cashews
- 6 pitted dates
- 1 tsp of vanilla
Here's what to do:
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender. Serve in a chilled glasses and top with extra cinnamon and nutmeg. Enjoy!
- Kubala, J. (2022, January 6). 4 benefits of maca root (and potential side effects). Healthline. Retrieved January 26, 2023, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/benefits-of-maca-root#4.-May-improve-mood-and-energy